Don’t miss these 5 critical steps when moving IT equipment including servers and personal computers (PC’s):
- Back up your data 3 times – It’s essential that you back up your data twice to physical backup drives and once to the cloud. This will mitigate data loss. If your internal IT department is not confident in this area, hire professionals.
- Run Tests – Assume your data has been lost. Run a test to restore your data so that you can hone your restoration processes and have an accurate ETA for full restoration. If disaster strikes during the move, you can let your staff and external stakeholders know exactly how long restoration will take and that your confident all data will be restored.
- Get Insurance – IT equipment is expensive. Make sure you’re insured against any loss, theft or damage.
- Hire IT relocation specialists – Ensure you higher the right people for the right job. Only IT removal specialists have the right equipment and expertise to move your precious servers and personal computers.
- Enquire about disconnect / reconnect – Professional IT movers will offer a disconnect / reconnect service. This will reduce your downtime and is well worth the extra cost.