Storeperson / Team Leader | Melbourne
We are looking for a fit & eager applicant to join our team in Melbourne as a Storeperson / Team Leader. This position casual with the view to become Full Time.
Egans services include: Business Relocation’s, Asset Disposal and Environmental reporting, Workstation sales and installations, and Corporate storage and distribution solutions.
Egans provides its employees with;
- A positive and supporting team environment
- Experience in an exciting and innovative company
- Career progression opportunities
This role is based in Footscray and involves warehousing, storage, asset tracking and supervising a small team in picking and stowage of office furniture items day to day. The warehouse primarily focuses on used furniture, dispatching and receiving items from Victoria as well as from interstate.
We are looking for a fit & eager applicant to join our team in Melbourne as an Inbound Warehouse Storeperson /Team Leader. This position is permanent Casual with the view to become Full Time in the future.
In this role you will have the following key areas of responsibility:
- Stock Grading
- Stock Registration and Tracking
- Stock Stowage/Cleaning
- Stock Display and Visibility For Sales
- Auditing / Stocktakes
- Warehousing and Cleanliness
- Staff Supervision and Training
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects
- High level of attention to detail
- Have a willingness to learn and develop your skills.
- Computer Proficiency in databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, email, internet
- Maths and basic accounting knowledge
- Strong communication skills both: written and verbal
- Reliability, adaptability and consistency
- Strong management and organisational skills.
- Motivated and good problem-solving skills with initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team and supervise others.
- Safety conscious.
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Valid driver’s licence (for onsite visits)
- Valid forklift licence (Preferred but not necessary).
- Workstation or furniture experience highly advantageous, but not necessary.
- Warehousing and Asset Tracking
To be considered for selection for an interview you MUST provide a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria. Please note that we will only be only contacting candidates that are successful for interviews.