What is the real cost of relocating your business?
The quote you receive from your business removalists is just one small portion of your costs.
The real costs you must consider when moving your office or business are:
- Downtime and disruption for your staff.
- The financial and environmental cost of disposing redundant business assets.
- Storing assets that you still need but no longer have room for.
- Access and transport of stored items.
- Buying new furniture.
- A new fitout (architects, interior designers, engineers, installation, electrical, materials).
- A change in proximity to existing and potential customers.
- Alterations to your fixed and variable costs such as building purchase (rent) and rates.
- Damages to your plant and equipment or staff members.
When comparing business removals quotes, it helps to compare apples with apples and ask the right questions;
- Ask if your removalists can offset the cost of your move by reselling your old furniture.
- If they offer to store assets for your business, how easy will it be to access the assets and how much would transportation cost when you need the items.
- What is the company’s environmental policy and how will they dispose the furniture that you no longer have use for?
- Do they have a reporting process?
- What measures and plans do they have in place to reduce workplace disruption?
- How much post move support does your quote permit?
- What kind of equipment do they use for security and damage protection?
- Are they insured.
The cost of your move is never just the initial dollar figure quoted.