When it comes to moving office, sustainability is not the first priority to spring to mind. But it should be. Often the biggest impact we have on the environment is when we go through a process of change.
So how can we prioritise sustainability when we relocate our business, downsize, upsize or shuffle internally?
- Consider the materials, such as cardboard and plastic, that we often discard after a move. Choose removalists that not only reuse these materials but source them sustainably.
- Try and reuse existing furniture and equipment as much as possible. Some removalists can refurbish or upcycle your existing assets to prolong their useful life. If you need to source new furniture and equipment, purchase from a circular source as opposed to a new manufacturer.
- You may end up with redundant furniture fittings and equipment after a move. Use removalists that have the means to keep these assets moving through the circular economy rather than sending them to landfill.
- Look for opportunities to resell your redundant assets. As well as being environmentally responsible, reselling can help reduce the cost of your move.
- Consider the impact of trucks and other vehicles used during your move. It’s important to be as efficient as possible to minimise your carbon footprint.