Returning a purchase
- Egans Asset Management Pty Ltd (EAM) operates in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law.
- We offer furniture items that are second hand, and in some cases, the items may be new. Whilst shopping on our site, you acknowledge that the available products are not in new condition (unless stated otherwise) and may have minor defects or signs of wear compared to the same product in new condition.
- We undertake care when describing the products and condition, and any known minor defects are noted or photographed. You must consider all of the information on a product listing before purchasing.
- If you believe your delivered product is materially different from how the product was described on the website you must let us know by sending an email to email@example.com within 24 hours of receiving delivery. Any photos and description of the difference should be included in your email.
- If the product is found to be materially different from how it was described on the website (without prior communication), we may issue a refund via your original payment method.
- If the product is not materially different from how it was described on the website, EAM will not issue a refund because you incorrectly estimated it would be fit for the purpose you intend, unless that intention has been communicated to us prior to the purchase.
- Delivery must be received and signed-for by you or your representative in person unless otherwise agreed prior. On receipt and signing of the product delivery we may assume that you have accepted the purchase.
- Once delivery has been accepted, we will not entertain any request to return a purchase with full refund on the basis of appearance.
Change of Mind Refund Policy
Please choose carefully as we will not provide you with a refund or exchange simply because you changed your mind. However, at our discretion we may accept a return if:
- You notify us within 48 hours of receiving your delivery that you wish to return the product
- The product is returned in the same condition as described on the website.
- You agree to pay the return delivery expenses as advised by us (in accordance with the amount billed by our delivery partner) in addition to a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchase price.
Damaged or Faulty Products Refund Policy
- In most instances, the products have been pre-owned and will no longer be covered by a manufactures warranty. However, some products may still be under warranty.
- If any product ordered by you arrives damaged or is not of acceptable quality you may have legal rights and remedies in Australia under the Australian Consumer Law 2010 (ACL) and other rights under other consumer laws applying in each Australian State and Territory; and/or to have the product repaired or replaced or to receive a refund of the price paid by you for the product.
- If the defect in the product constitutes a major failure within the meaning of the ACL you are entitled to choose between either a full refund or a replacement product. Any replacement products must be of the same type and value as the product purchased and available on our website. If a replacement product is not available, we will provide you with a full refund.
- Refunds will be made by electronic transfer to your nominated bank account only.
If your order arrives damaged, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.