Who cares about workstation shelving? Have you ever wondered what separates a functional efficient office space from a chaotic one? We are not asking if you can tell a messy cluttered office from a clean one, but rather how do office become what the become? The physical space that you begin with shapes your work environment for decades to come. So what decides the fate of your office:
- The layout and placing of workstations and associated office furniture
- The size and proximity of each workstation
- The type of office furniture
- The quantity, type, and placing of storage units
- The quantity type, and placing of workstation shelving
- Cable management
- The amount of natural light
- The amount of space available in common areas
- The amount of greenery in the office
Many of these factors are now taken into consideration in modern office designs. The importance of workstation shelving however, is often overlooked. Workstation shelving is the closest and most accessible storage space for an office worker. It’s existence, type, quantity, and positioning will play a crucial role in clutter management within a personal work space. Individual work spaces will overtime determine whether your office becomes efficiently functional or a chaotic mess.
So take a look at your workstation. Is your desk free of papers and office clutter? Does your workstation have adequate shelving to manage the loose items around you? If you answer no to either of these questions, it’s time to look into upgrading your office shelving before it’s too late!